Monday, July 9, 2012

wedding

A couple weekends ago the Foerschler fam got to go to KC for my longtime friend, Brad Rose's wedding.  I had the honor of singing in the wedding with my buddy Bryce Brown.  I don't "toot my own horn" too often, but we rocked it.  Of course Brad picked some fabulous songs which helped (Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath and So you are to me by East Moutain South) It was a beautiful wedding and I couldn't be happier for Brad and Victoria.
My bestie, Kara Janzen, graciously let us stay at her house.  Since she is watching her nieces this summer she had all the baby goodies.  It made it quite easy to travel.  Wes had a great time playing with new toys and getting some quality time with "auntie" Kara.
Wes also got to experience his first wedding dance. I think he is going to take after his daddy and be quite the little dancer at a young age. From what I hear, Jonny was always the little boy on the middle of the dance floor with people circled around him at a wedding dance. Wes loved the lights and especially the "YMCA"! :) I would be lying if I didn't say the wedding made me think about Wes getting married someday. I'm beginning to come to terms with the fact Wes will someday leave me for (hopefully) sweet little lady. But for now, I will soak up the hugs and smiles from my sweet boy.


Of course while we were back in KC (we lived there for 4 years before moving to Wichita) we had to eat at our favorite places.  We enjoyed Kolache Factory Saturday for brunch.  We used to always eat there after church.  It tasted just as good as I remembered. :)  Jonny even went to Oklahoma Joe's on Saturday night after the wedding dance, even though he had already had dinner.  Yes folks, Oklahoma Joe's is that good.

And the moral of the story is...Love is a powerful thing!





No comments:

Post a Comment