Sunday, July 1, 2012

7 years already

Last Wednesday we celebrated, my oldest nephew, Drew's 7th birthday!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone.  The feeling I felt when I heard his first cry on the night he was born made me realize for the first time that I would want to have children.  Drew has brought so much joy into our lives.  He constantly makes us laugh with the funny things he says.  This year his birthday party was a Teenage mutant ninja turtle theme.  It got Jonny and I so excited about all the different birthday parties Wes is going to have!

                                 

Now that we have Wes, I view birthdays so much differently.  Before Wes, birthdays just meant a time to eat good food, be with family, open presents, and have cake.  Now when I think of birthdays, I instantly relive the moment I first laid eyes on Wes, heard his cry, and held him in my arms.  It was instant love and he forever changed my life.  Wes's birthday was the best day of my life (so far)!  



Birthdays are a time to thank God for the life HE created and thank him for the gift of life.  


Drew, I thank God for you and am so blessed to be your Auntie Em.



And the moral of this story is...God always gives the best gifts at a birthday party.  He gives us the reason to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment