Tuesday, July 10, 2012

God and Guns

Our awesome life group from First Baptist Church got to hang out in the country and shoot some guns!  It was so fun.  The original plan was to have dinner and shoot off some fireworks.  We were all invited out to my buddy Bryce's, grandmother's farm around Douglas, Kansas.  Since it had been so dry we decided we probably shouldn't be shooting off fireworks.  So, instead we shot guns! 


Our group meets weekly to study the Bible and share our struggles and joys with each other. So we thought it would be fun to enjoy God's creation and shoot some guns, I mean we are Baptist. :)

I must admit, this city girl had never shot a gun!  So, I was a little nervous...but now I love it.  Check out the video of me in action. :)  And I actually hit the target a few times too.


Although it was hot during the day, it turned out to be a beautiful night.  We had a great time hanging out and shooting.  I'm already looking forward to our next country night.

And the moral of the story is...even city girls have a little country in them.

2 comments: