Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Confessions of the heart

As a first time mom and a speech pathologist I've been constantly worrying about Wes and his development.  I find myself obsessing over developmental norms or comparing him to babies around his age.  For some reason I just can't listen to the words I tell parents everyday, "every child develops at a different rate", or "there isn't an exact time that your child should be doing something...it's a range".  

Basically it comes down to me not trusting God with my fears.  Instead I try and force Wes to do things that he isn't ready for.  I find myself being more of a therapist to Wes rather than being his mommy.  Ugghhh!

Then God spoke to me this morning through the song Your Love by Brandon Heath. 

But Your love
Your love
The only the thing that matters is Your love
Your love is all I have to give
Your love is enough to light up the darkness
It’s Your love
Your love
all I ever needed is Your love

 You’re the hope in the morning
You’re the light when the night is falling
You’re the song when my heart is singing
it’s Your love
You’re the eyes to the blind man
You’re the feet to the lame man walking
You’re the sound of the people singing
It’s Your love

Instead of worrying about when Wes will crawl, walk, talk, I should focus on teaching him the only thing that matters...GOD'S LOVE!


My prayer is that Jonny and I will be a constant example of Christ's love for Wes.  I pray that he knows, at an early age, that Jesus loved him enough to die for him so that he may have eternal life.  
John 3:16

And the moral of the story is...All you need is love!

No comments:

Post a Comment