Sunday, February 3, 2013

retreat

I knew there would come a time when I would have to leave my little Wes for a night.  Well, it happened this weekend.  And...it went great!  Yes, I missed him.  I only cried once.  But I also enjoyed my time away with some awesome people.  And now I'm ready to plan a little trip for the summer.  As long as the grandparents are willing to watch Wes.  :)

Jonny and I spent Friday night and all day Saturday on a retreat with our lifegroup.  A family from our church owns a house on Marion Lake and allowed us to stay there.  My parents were awesome and came and stayed at our house with Wes so he could sleep in his own bed.  Aren't they the best?! 

Our retreat was a great time of self reflection; learning about how God made us in his image and how our story is unique.  And of course we also had fun just hanging out, playing games, and eating together...without kids!
 
Jonny and I feel so blessed to have such a great group of friends that we can share life with.  Friends that are there for us in great times and difficult times.  Friends that are praying for us.  Friends that laugh with us.  Friends that cry with us.  Thank you God for these people!



Enjoying the beauty

While we were off enjoying our time away...Wes was playing hard with his cousins.


And cheering on the Wildcats with Grandpa and Grandma!


I did inform Jonny that the next time we leave Wes, we better be able to sleep in and that perhaps it could be on a beach! :)

And the moral of the story is...retreat, reflect, and refresh; it's good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment