Monday, February 18, 2013

15 months

Well, it's been 3 months since the last Wes update.  That means he is now 15 months old.  Crazy, awesome, exhausting, wonderful, joyful, and challenging are all words I would use to describe Mr. Wesley at 15 months old.  Even on the hardest days, I'm still overcome with gratitude and thankfulness that I get to be Wes's mom.  

Wes at 15 months:
  • weighs 21 pounds and 3 ounces (10th percentile)
  • is 29 and 1/2 inches tall, or short, however you see it (10th percentile)
  • had his first fairly high fever, which meant some rough nights :(
  • has 12 teeth (that I can see) and I'm pretty sure there are more coming in
  • has gone backward in his eating habits, unfortunately.  I'll just blame it on teething like I do everything.  Let's hope when he starts feeling better he will go back to eating the things he liked before
  • sleeps 11-12 hours at night
  • takes one nap a day (2-3) hours-this is still pretty tough for him.  He wants to take a nap around 10:00 am, but we push him until 12:30 or 1:00.  Sometimes this happens though...
 
 
  • loves: bath time, other kids, balls, cars, phones, dancing to music, books, being outside and lots of other things.
  • thinks it's funny when mommy says "no", unless I take a toy away and then he is NOT happy.
  • understands sooo much.  His receptive language skills are growing like crazy and I love it.
  • says a lot, although not totally intelligible.  Words he says clearly: no, mimi (for mama), ball, oh no, ow/ouch, wow, hi, yes, and I think I heard bye-bye, and something that sounded like grandpa yesterday.
  • has started to hit/swat at things/people and I'm really trying to figure out how to discipline this kid
  • likes it when I sing the ABCs
  • wears 12-18 months clothes.  Pants are always long, but who's surprised?
  • has hit the separation anxiety phase :(
  • has his mommy and daddy's whole heart
 
Enjoy the pics:
 
my big 15 month old!

Is this how you read it mommy?

"what? I'm just flossing my teeth!"

his favorite cabinet to get into

just playing with his batman cars

"yay, I got mommy's phone"

cheese!

"how does this thing work?"

"see mom, grandma lets me have her phone!"

this monkey loves his bananas

"good morning"

little wildcat
And the moral of the story is...parenting a 15 month old isn't for the faint of heart!

1 comment:

  1. Carson just hit the separation anxiety phase too! I hate leaving him at daycare when he's screaming and running after me:(. He has also been swatting/hitting. He thinks it's funny for some reason. I think he thinks it's a form of play. We just say no and stop him from doing it, but it continues from time to time. Not sure there is a great way to discipline them at this age. :)

    ReplyDelete