Monday, January 28, 2013

truth

When I started this blog I thought it would be mostly about our family of 3.  Well, mostly about Wes.  But I've found that this blog has also been a way for me to share my heart.  It's provided an outlet to share my thoughts and feelings.  I don't know how many people read the blog besides family and close friends, and that's OK.  I'm enjoying looking back and seeing how I've changed, how Wes has changed, how our family has grown and changed.

I've been doing a lot of self reflection lately (I don't know why) and feel like I'm just bursting with emotions.  And if I don't write them down, let them out, and be honest, I just may explode.  So, if you like to read this blog to see Wes, this may not be your favorite post.  I'll throw in some pics of him for fun though. :)




Truths:
  • I watch too much TV
  • I'm proud of myself for completing my first mini triathlon-it felt awesome.
  • I don't read my Bible enough
  • I think my son is the cutest child ever
  • Often times I feel like a failure as a mother and speech pathologist: Wes won't eat vegetables, he only says about 5 real words, and the list goes on...
  • I worry too much about silly things
  • I love driving my mini van: it's got heated seats and a sunroof!
  • The thought of having another child terrifies me and makes me happy at the same time
  • I'm so in love with my husband
  • Sometimes I doubt God's power and think our world is too far gone
  • I hate conflict and confrontation
  • I don't understand women that say they don't want children
  • I get frustrated and feel guilty with being a working mom; no-one gets all my attention
  • I'm so excited for summer time
  • I don't like cooking
  • I struggle with anxiety
  • I compare myself with others WAY too much
  • I want to have more scripture memorized
  • I'm fearful of the broken world that Wes will grow up in

  • These are just some of my thoughts and things that have been on my heart lately.  It feels good to let it out.  Whether it's right or wrong it feels good to be honest.  Thank you God for loving me the way I am.

    And the moral of the story is...the truth will set you free (John 8:32).

    1 comment:

    1. I can relate to so many of these! I laughed out loud at the minivan comment! A friend of mine feels the exact same way about her minivan:).

      ReplyDelete