Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Its the most wonderful time of the year

Merry Christmas and happy new year! Anybody surprised that I'm just now blogging about this on January 9th, 2012?  Didn't think so.  I don't feel the least bit guilty about it either.  I thoroughly enjoyed everyday of my Christmas break.  So, who cares that I'm just now sharing Christmas 2012 memories?!
designed by Tessa Konen.  Check her out here!

Our Christmas break started at about 12:30 on Friday, December 21st.  Like a good girl, I got all my work done and was able to leave early.  I headed up to Salina to pick up my boys.  Jonny and Wes spent the day getting all of Minneapolis well adjusted for the holidays.  We headed west toward Parker, Colorado around 2:30.  Wes did a fabulous job traveling, as he definitely enjoys facing forward.  Every trip we make in the Odyssey reassures me that it was an excellent purchase.  :)


We spent the weekend in Colorado with Jonny's family and have decided that it just might be a new family tradition.  Wes enjoyed "playing" with his cousins.  He wasn't as excited about opening presents as I thought he would be, but he does love all of his new toys.





We headed back home on Christmas eve morning.  Wes again traveled well, thank God.  We went straight to my parent's house, changed clothes, headed to church since I committed to sing during the service.  It was a beautiful service reflecting on what Christmas is all about.  I sang "A baby changes everything", which was made popular by Faith Hill.  I find it difficult to sing these days without crying.  So many of the lyrics touch my heart.  I can't imagine being the mother to the Savior of the world.  Thank you God for sending your son as a baby.

We enjoyed Christmas morning just the 3 of us.  We realize how blessed we are.  Wes enjoyed getting to play with all of his new toys.
playing with his talking flashlight

just watching TV in his wagon

Christmas continued as we headed over to my parents house to enjoy time with my family.  We enjoyed chicken and noodles and watched the Muppet Christmas Carol.  We spent the night, and opened presents the next morning, after we enjoyed monkey bread!




Jonny and I got to enjoy a few days at home together.  Jonny got to spend a lot of time with Wes, so I could go workout after a week away from the gym to get ready for the triathlon.  On Saturday after Christmas we headed up to Chapman, KS for the Foerschler Christmas.  We always have a great time seeing everyone and seeing how the family grows each year!
how cute are they in their matching shirts?!



Wes is the 1st great grandchild with the Foerschler name

"I'm funny mom!"

And just like that we celebrated with almost all of our family!  Surprisingly, we weren't too exhausted.  We ended the break by getting Christmas decorations put away and just enjoying time at home as a family.

And the moral of the story is...Jesus is the greatest gift we will ever receive, and Wes is a close second.

1 comment:

  1. Monkey bread? Who made it? I'd like to try making it sometime... can I get a recipe?

    ReplyDelete