Tuesday, April 2, 2013

adventures of a 16 month old

Again, it's been way to long since there has been update to the Foerschler Fables, but that definitely doesn't mean there hasn't been fun things going on.  We celebrated a 90th birthday, enjoyed our first spring break, Disney on Ice, and Easter.  On top of all that, life for me at work has been crazy busy.  I've had to remember to take time to just be together with my family.  We don't have to have big plans to have big fun.  Wes doesn't want or need the newest or coolest toy.  He just wants his momma's attention.  To be tickled and chased and kissed and hugged.  I hope that in the past couple months, in the midst of life's business, I've taken the time to be the tickler, the chaser, the kisser, and the hugger. But I've also learned, or re-learned, that it's ok if I mess up.  I have a forgiving, merciful God.  I'm not always going to give Wes (and Jonny) all the attention he wants or needs.  But I can teach him that God can.

Here is a taste of Foerschler fun over the past month:

"yum! Elmo tastes good!"

Happy birthday great-grandpa

working out daddy's core

Ready for Disney on Ice

totally enthralled with Mickey Mouse on ice skates!

the only time Wes has ever sat for an hour and half!



Popcorn makes any show better!

they make a great trio

"Hosanna"

Palm Sunday

Happy Easter!

"I love my ducky!"

"Eeeggggssss!"

You can't catch me!


Put me down, I want to chase that bird!

grandma and grandpa with their grandkids



And the moral of the story is...the house is a wreck, but who cares?  I've got a little boy to tickle!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to ask how the heck you got him to sit for that long, but then you answered it! Such a fun age...but yes, challenging! :)

    ReplyDelete