Monday, October 15, 2012

11 months

Yes folks, another month has passed by and our baby, big boy, is now 11 months old.  And let me tell you, he is so much fun!  He is such a good little boy.  Ladies in the nursery at church ask me all the time, "has he always been this good of a baby?"  I have to smile and say "yes", even though I have no other children to compare him to.  God has blessed us with a well tempered baby.  I hope that doesn't mean he will be challenging when he is a teenager! :)


Wes at 11 months:
  • has 4 teeth: 2 on the top, which are really big, and 2 on the bottom
  • still nursing-I'm looking forward to weaning, but I know I will miss that time with him
  • cruises around on everything
  • starting to stand alone
  • can crawl up stairs (another thing he learned in the church nursery)
  • claps when we clap or say "yay"
  • signs "more" and "all done" with about 50% accuracy (how about that data for this SLP mom?)
  • imitates actions with objects
  • has haircut #5 scheduled
  • still sleeping through the night
  • is totatlly a momma's boy (which I will enjoy becuase I know very soon all he will want is his daddy)
  • continues to jabber A LOT
  • loves to dance with Grandpa Tim
  • gets into things he shouldn't on purpose and laughs when I say "no Wes".  I then remove him from the area, in which he then looks at me and crawls right back where he was while laughing and smiling, saying "come get me mommy"!
"what mom?"

you think this will slow me down?

just doing a little silent reading

It's hard to believe he is almost a year old.  Just a year ago I was quite plump and had no idea the joy and love I was going to feel.  We are looking forward to celebrating his birthday and thanking God for the incredible blessing of our sweet Wesley Joel.

And the moral of the story is...savor the moment, before it changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment