Friday, November 30, 2012

halfway there...6 weeks to go

I have reached the halfway mark in my training for my first triathlon.  6 weeks before the big race!  Time to reflect on the past 5 weeks and refocus for the 6 weeks left of training.
Reflection:
Overall, the training has gone well.  Here is a little a bit of what I've learned (in no particular order):
  • work out before I pick Wes up.  It's so hard to get back out in the evening after I've been home.
  • Biking is by far the hardest part for me.  Not a fan of the stationary bike.  I have a new respect for Lance Armstrong.
  • I still love to swim
  • stretch my calves, often
  • Must. have. music.
  • don't feel guilty about taking 30 minutes to an hour for myself
  • I have an awesome husband who takes care of Wes when I need to work out, and is so supportive of this goal.
Currently my times are as follows:
500 yard swim in 8 minutes
6 mile bike in about 25 minutes
2 mile run in 20 minutes

Now it's time to refocus and continue training hard for the next 6 weeks, even during Christmas break.  Here are some of my goals for the next six weeks:
  • bike the 6 miles without feeling like I may die!
  • practice doing the swimming to biking transition at least once
  • workout at the East YMCA, since that is where the race is
  • do a little weight training
  • get new running shoes
  • make an awesome playlist (feel free to send me song suggestions)
  • continue to have fun training
You can rest assured that this will be included in my Triathlon playlist...
eye of the tiger

No comments:

Post a Comment